Seed Collectors Network

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Seed Collectors Network
Seed Collectors Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dwolkis

Hawaii Native Seed Conference May 15-18, 2018 Empty Hawaii Native Seed Conference May 15-18, 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Aloha!

We are excited to announce the 2018 Hawaiʻi Native Seed Conference and Hawaiʻi Seed Bank Partnership Meeting on May 15-18 2018 at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Information and updates are available here: http://laukahi.org/hnsc2018/

The Hawai‘i Native Seed Conference brings together conservationists, horticulturalists, researchers, and others working with seeds of native Hawaiian plants to share knowledge with each other and visiting experts. The conference will take place from May 15-18, 2018, at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. The conference will begin with a meeting of the Hawai‘i Seed Bank Partnership on May 15. The following days will feature speakers from Hawaiʻi, and several sessions led by staff from the Kew Millennium Seed Bank Partnership. Topics for the conference will focus on strategies and methods for collecting, handling, and processing seed collections for propagation and storage, making this widely applicable for anyone working in ecosystem restoration in the Pacific region.

Abstracts will be accepted January 12 - February 28 (link to: Abstract Submission)
Early Registration: February 1 - March 30 ($90/ $45-students)
Late Registration: April 1-30: Late registration ($125)

Accommodations are available soon at the East-West Center Visitor Housing (on UH Mānoa campus). Visit their webpage to see room types and rates.

Please contact Dustin Wolkis at dwolkis@ntbg.org for more information
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum